Pendant lights are among the most common types of light fixture you can buy. But are they a good fit for your home? The quick answer is yes, they are — they can be used in a variety of home designs and themes. In this article, we discuss more pendant light benefits that you should know. Read on!
Styles of Pendant Lights
Before buying a light fixture, you should know what style fits your house best. LED pendant lights are most popular for the style they give to a house or space. The most common pendant light styles you can try are:
- Traditional: this style has a more classic and ornate look. The details and design work a wide range of themes, such as antique, rustic, and farmhouse.
- Contemporary: this style boasts clean lines and sharp, minimalistic designs. They’re modern, simple, and understated.
- Transitional: this style is a combination of both traditional and contemporary. You can combine elements of both styles and come up with a more personalized look.
Moreover, you can choose from a variety of finishes, which you can base on the existing finishes in your house. If your door and cabinet handles are polished chrome, choose LED pendant lights with complementary finishes. Other finishes you can try include:
- Oil-rubbed bronze
- Brushed nickel
- Polished nickel
- Black iron
Types of Pendant Lights
Pendant lights are great for homeowners who want to explore a variety of light fixture types. They can be:
- Mini pendant lights: these can be used in a group or solo for accent and task lighting.
- Island pendant lights: these are good for task lighting and typically have 2–3 light sources in a single fixture.
- Multi-light: this type of pendant light provides ambient lighting with 3–10 light sources from the same fixture. As such, it’s often used as an alternative to chandeliers.
- Inverted: as the name suggests, inverted pendant lights project light upwards.
Pendant Light Benefits
Finally, pendant lights are great for your because you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
You can adjust pendant lights to your preference and house specifications. Investing in pendant lights means you get more freedom in terms of personalizing your space and home lighting.
They’re Good for Ambient Lighting
Pendant lights come in various color temperature options: you can choose warm lights to achieve a cozy feeling — you can even try bold-colored bulbs or experiment with geometric fixture designs.
Pendant lights give you the best bang for your buck. Their prices are cheaper than other lighting fixtures because they’re in high demand and available. They’re also highly popular, which means many customers buy them, and that translates to pocket-friendly pricing. Aside from their affordable upfront costs, pendant lights are also fairly easy to install, and you don’t have to spend much money for their maintenance.
They can be Used as Statement Pieces
Homeowners often buy lights for lighting purposes, but pendant lights can double as a statement piece for your house. You can choose a design that complements your existing decor or find a pendant light that can serve as your room’s focal point.